UPDATED 2019-01-16 As seen on their website, Candid Co is printing the dental model and vacuum forming the tray. The post has been updated to reflect this.
I was recently directed to Candid Co‘s promotional content on Instagram. Smile Direct Club has been doing this for a couple years now. Both are trying to out-align Align Technology.
Here are a few other key figures from Candid Co’s website:
- $95 for an at-home impression kit and treatment plan
- $1,900 or $80/month if approved for financing
- A free set of retainers
Smile Direct Club’s pricing is also transparent:
- $79 for an at-home impression kit or free digital impression at a SmileShop
- $1,850 single payment or $250 down and $80/month for 24 months ($2,170 total)
- $99 per retainer (upper and lower)
What is Invisalign going for? It’s not so clear (ahem), but many websites report $3,500-$8,500. I think Align Technology would argue that the added cost of being treated in-person by your orthodontist is worth it.